Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Adding limits to control charts in JMP 8

mewing

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Hi, I'm new here and I'm stuck in a script I'm trying to write. I have a client who wants to be able to create an S-chart from summary statistics. I have, in JMP 9, written a rudimentary script that does just this. However, in JMP 8, the part of the script that creates the control chart and draws the line only creates the chart with the points on it.

In JMP 9, I do accomplish this via:
expr_cc = expr("\[cChart = Control Chart(Chart Col(ALLVAR,Individual Measurement(ConnectPoints(1),ShowCenterLine(0),ShowControlLimits(0))),
SendToReport(
Dispatch(
{},
"IR Chart of IM",
FrameBox,
{Add Graphics Script(
Description( "Script" ),
Pen Color( "Red" );
Pen Size( 2 );
Line( temprun_x, lcl_x );
Line( temprun_x, ucl_x );
Pen Color( "Green" );
Pen Size( 2 );
Line( temprun_x, cl_x );
)}
)
));]\");

Is there someway to do the same thing but in JMP 8? Thanks in advance for your time and patience.

Message was edited by: mewing
3 REPLIES
mewing

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

While I was unable to determine how to add the points to a control chart in JMP 8, I was able to create the graph from scratch which worked fine.
This is just a guess, but the problem has a familiar ring to it: try changing "IR Chart of IM" in JMP 9 to just "IR Chart" in JMP 8, and see if that helps. I've come across something similar recently, and referred to it in this thread: http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=13727&tstart=0
mewing

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Thanks. I ended up changing it to a Run Chart and that worked fine (since I'm drawing the limits myself).