Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Addin additional files update

insider

Community Trekker

Jul 26, 2012

Hello,

I would like to update an addin due to a change on additional files. The additional files are not located in the same folder. When I open the Addin the path to the original additional files is lost (only file's path already in addin zip appear). Does anyone know if there is a way to refresh easily the additional files without browsing again to each one?

Thanks & rgds

Denis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi Denis,

For security and other reasons the path to the original files isn't recorded in the JMP Add-in. When you open an add-in in the add-in builder it's using the files that are included in the add-in.

If you need to update a number of these files it may be easiest to change the extension from .jmpaddin to .zip and use WinZip or equivalent to update the files and then rename it back to .jmpaddin.

-Jeff

-Jeff
2 REPLIES
Solution

Hi Denis,

For security and other reasons the path to the original files isn't recorded in the JMP Add-in. When you open an add-in in the add-in builder it's using the files that are included in the add-in.

If you need to update a number of these files it may be easiest to change the extension from .jmpaddin to .zip and use WinZip or equivalent to update the files and then rename it back to .jmpaddin.

-Jeff

-Jeff
insider

Community Trekker

Jul 26, 2012

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. I thought to use this way using a script (.bat or else) to update the zip according to an external configuration file.

Rgds

Denis