Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Activate different windows

savadhany

Community Member

Sep 9, 2014

I regularly work with Cpk reports which include SPC/FAI dimensions and spec limits.  To analyze the distributions I import the data and spec limits into JMP and graph the distributions using the Analyze - Quality & Process - Capability function.

Sometimes, though, there are SPC dimensions that are not measured and these cells are left blank.  But when I want to save the spec limits to the data table, JMP doesn't allow me because those cells are empty.

I want to write a script that has an 'if else' statement that parses through all the FAI/SPC columns and detects whether the cells are populated are not.

The problem:

There are two windows (spec limits, data).  I would like to know how to activate one window over the other.  How do I do this?  And in the case this is not necessary, I would still like to learn because I would like to automate the process of importing and analyzing my Cpk reports, which requires activating one window over the other anyway.

1 REPLY
stan_koprowski

Community Manager

Aug 8, 2012

Hello,

To access a table assign it a reference.

For example, to open the Big Class data table and assign it to the variable cpk_dt

cpk_dt = Open( "$Sample_Data/Big Class.jmp" );

// Once you have a reference to the table you can run an analysis

// For example, to run a distribution analysis against the cpk_dt table

cpk_dt << Distribution(

Continuous Distribution(

Column( :height )

)

);

// Or select some rows in the cpk_dt

cpk_dt << Select Where(:height >= 65);

// Even delete the selected rows

cpk_dt << Delete Rows;