Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
kimbach
Level I

ANOVA Errors on Local Machine

I am relatively new to using JMP, and only use it interactively. I am currently using it to assess differential expression using the Basic RNA-Seq workflow. However, I'm running into an odd issue where I can run the analysis on my data files perfectly fine on others' computers, but cannot get it to work on my machine when I run the analysis on the same exact files using the same workflow and parameters. It seems that this issue occurs only when it gets to the ANOVA step, during which it generates the error: 

ERROR: Windows error code: 5 in hc_disk_close for C:\Users\kimbach3\AppData\Local\Temp\SAS Temporary
Files\_TD7684_BIOGIBSON14_\Prc2\utobs.sas7butl, Access is denied.
ERROR: syserr=120
WARNING: The variable COL4 in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list has never been referenced.
WARNING: The variable COL5 in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list has never been referenced.
WARNING: The variable COL6 in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list has never been referenced.
WARNING: The variable COL7 in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list has never been referenced.
WARNING: The variable COL8 in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list has never been referenced.
HasT3 = 1
HasSub = 0
HasGrp = 0
ERROR: Windows error code: 5 in hc_disk_close for C:\Users\kimbach3\AppData\Local\Temp\SAS Temporary
Files\_TD7684_BIOGIBSON14_\Prc2\zfmmem.sas7butl, Access is denied.
llabel = \!"Lsmean \!" || trim(left(Effect)) || trimn(\!" \!" || trim(left(treatment))) || trimn(\!" \!" || trim(left(Status)))
MixedCode finished on 22JUL19 15:02:37.20.
The total time for MixedCode was 0:00:05.82.
Method = 0
Alpha =
CutOff =
OutlierScreen finished on 22JUL19 15:02:37.38.
The total time for OutlierScreen was 0:00:06.16.

Below is a snapshot of what the count data and experimental design data look like:

countexamp.JPGmetaexamp.JPG

I know there is nothing wrong with the data files/workflow settings because I've run it fine on other computers. I checked the advanced security settings and I have full access to the files that claim denied access. I also tried running JMP in administrative mode, but no luck. As I run the analyses I can see files being written to the temporary files folder, but once that error occurs they are all deleted and it is stopped. Additionally, I have plenty of space on my local drive (~800 GB) so it's not a memory issue.

Can somebody provide me insight into what is going on? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the program? An interactive explanation is preferred. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: ANOVA Errors on Local Machine

Hi @kimbach,

It looks like the error message is saying somthing about a permissions issue (Access Denied). Maybe there is an issue with the TEMP directory?

I would send this one to support@jmp.com. I dont think the files are the issue but maybe the settings are pointing to a folder that you cannot access (The output folder for example).

Best,

Chris Kirchberg
Principal Systems Engineer, Life Sciences - JMP Global Technical Enablement
SAS Institute, Inc. - Denver, CO
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
JMP – A Division of SAS Institute | www.jmp.com
Highlighted
kimbach
Level I

Hi @chris_kirchberg

Thanks for the quick reply! I think I managed to get rid of the error associated with the temporary directory by changing the security preferences of JMP itself to give users full access. However, I am still getting errors about files not existing that JMP itself should be creating in the process:

ERROR: syserr=120
ERROR: File WORK.FS.DATA does not exist.
WARNING: The data set WORK.FS2 may be incomplete. When this step was stopped there were 0 observations and 0 variables.
ERROR: File WORK.FS.DATA does not exist.
WARNING: The variable Value in the DROP, KEEP, or RENAME list has never been referenced.
WARNING: The data set WORK.CP may be incomplete. When this step was stopped there were 0 observations and 1 variables.
MixedCode finished on 22JUL19 16:39:18.07.
The total time for MixedCode was 0:00:01.17.
ERROR: File WORK._MIXED_RESULTS.DATA does not exist.
WARNING: The data set WORK._OUTRESULTS may be incomplete. When this step was stopped there were 0 observations and 0 variables.
Method = 0
Alpha =
CutOff =
OutlierScreen finished on 22JUL19 16:39:18.64.
The total time for OutlierScreen was 0:00:02.04.
ERROR: BY variable Column_1 is not on input data set WORK._OUTRESULTS.
WARNING: The data set WORK._OUTRESULTS may be incomplete. When this step was stopped there were 0 observations and 1 variables.
WARNING: Data set WORK._OUTRESULTS was not replaced because this step was stopped.

I tried running just ANOVA on this data under Copy Number and it was able to run fine as well. I'm wondering now if there is perhaps something wrong with the jmp script associated with the workflow itself? I have no idea. 

Highlighted

Hi @kimbach,

Can you attach the settings file?  In the dialog for the workflow, there is a save button at the bottom. You can save the file to your desktop an attach here. It does not contain data, only file paths and options.  The error message seems to indicate a file was not created or could not be found during the process. It could be file access issues again as well.

If it persists, I would definately contact support@jmp.com

Best, 

Chris Kirchberg
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
Highlighted
kimbach
Level I

Hi @chris_kirchberg,

I tried to attach the settings file but it seems that .sas is not a valid extension for this discussion board. Is there a way around this? In the meantime I will also contace JMP's support email and see if I can get any insight from them!

Best, 

Kathleen

Highlighted

Hi @kimbach,

You can send it to me privately (email chris.kirchberg@jmp.com).  I suspect that support will be the best path to get this resolved.

Best,

Chris Kirchberg
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.