Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

2 question about graph builder

robust1972

Community Trekker

Jan 15, 2014

1. how do I enable different shape of marker? Only see the overlay and color option. not found anything in right click context.

2. this is generic question about JMP, very often users need to mark some data points(like the high flyers in below) with row value in certain column. how can we do it?

11691_pastedImage_0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

If you want to label specific points on a Graph Builder chart, all you have to do, is to select the column(s) who's values you want displayed when labeled, and specify to set the label property for the column(s). Then select the data points, rt mouse click on the selected points, and select Row==>Label and the data from the column(s)

11702_pastedImage_0.png

11703_pastedImage_1.png

Jim
4 REPLIES
msharp

Super User

Jul 28, 2015

If you overlay and color, each row with be identified with a different marker for each overlay and a different color for each color.

So from your output, if you just created another column "Flyer", with a formula something like, if(y > .015, "Flyer", "Not-Flyer"), then put this new column in the overlay category you should be good.

robust1972

Community Trekker

Jan 15, 2014

hi, msharp

for 1, what I wanted to do is differentiating category by color AND shape like we do in the variability plot.

For 2, I meant to be able to label the dots with the value of certain column/row, is that possible?

Solution

If you want to label specific points on a Graph Builder chart, all you have to do, is to select the column(s) who's values you want displayed when labeled, and specify to set the label property for the column(s). Then select the data points, rt mouse click on the selected points, and select Row==>Label and the data from the column(s)

11702_pastedImage_0.png

11703_pastedImage_1.png

Jim
robust1972

Community Trekker

Jan 15, 2014

Thanks Jim!