cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Discovery Summit Japan 2016
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
The Individualization of Circulating Cancer Cells in the Blood of Cancer Patients Using JMP®

(English follows Japanese)

日本語タイトル:JMPによるがん患者血液中循環がん細胞の個別化

昭和大学 医学部(江東豊洲病院 消化器センター外科)  准教授 伊藤 寛晃

発表者は消化器外科医として主に食道がん、胃癌の外科的治療に従事すると同時に、がん微小転移、超早期がん診断をテーマにトランスレーショナルリサーチを続けている。がん患者血液中にはがんの原発巣からはなれて血管内に侵入し循環する「循環がん細胞」と呼ばれる細胞が存在することが分かっており、がんの血行性転移の主因であると考えられている。発表者は2004年に食道がん患者の循環がん細胞とがんの進行度、生命予後との相関を明らかにした。その後も胃がんなどで同様の結果を示し、超早期がん診断やがんの新たな転移抑制治療の開発を目的とした研究を続け成果を挙げている。最近では、治療により循環がん細胞の細胞径が変化することを報告している。また、現在は抗体等による標識を行わずに生きたままの循環がん細胞を検出、採取する技術を開発した。このように、がん研究に非常に重要なサンプルである循環がん細胞の個別化と生命予後との関連を解析するうえで、JMPは欠かせない強力なツールである。本発表では、複雑な臨床データをJMPでどのように解析するのか、デモを交えて具体的に示したい。
関連サイト: http://www10.showa-u.ac.jp/~ddc-kt/Page_03_03_research.html

The Individualization of Circulating Cancer Cells in the Blood of Cancer Patients Using JMP®

Hiroaki Ito, Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, Digestive Diseases Center, Showa University Koto Toyosu Hospital

As a gastroenterological surgeon, I am mostly involved in the surgical treatment of esophageal cancer and stomach cancer, but I also continue translational research on micrometastasis and early cancer diagnosis. Circulating tumor cells, which isolate from primary tumor and circulate in the blood of cancer patients are believed to be the main cause of hematogenous cancer metastasis. In 2004, I clarified the relationship between circulating cancer cells, cancer progression, and prognosis in patients with esophageal cancer. I subsequently identified similar results for stomach cancer, and continued my research with the aim of developing methods for early cancer diagnosis and new metastasis suppression treatments. I recently reported that treatment changes the cellular diameter of circulating cancer cells. I also developed a technique for detecting and sampling viable circulating cancer cells without labelling. JMP is an indispensable and powerful tool for characterizing of individual circulating tumor cells which are extremely important samples in cancer research, and for analyzing the relationship between circulating tumor cells and patients’ prognosis. In this presentation, I will demonstrate the procedure  about how JMP can be used to analyze complex clinical data.
Related site : http://www10.showa-u.ac.jp/~ddc-kt/Page_03_03_research.html

Comments

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing!