cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Automated and Interactive Analysis of JMP® Crash Data ( US 2018 150 )

Level: Intermediate
Shannon Conners, JMP Director of Research and Development, SAS

The JMP team, like many of our customers, is simultaneously engaged in building new product versions and analyzing problem reports from production releases. Customer bug and crash reports provide precious insights into customers’ experience of JMP product quality. JMP began prompting customers to email Mac crash reports in JMP 12 and added built-in support for emailing Windows crash reports in JMP 13. Technical Support and Development collaborate to identify, investigate and fix unsolved customer crashes. The process starts when a report is emailed to JMP Technical Support and processed in an hourly batch. New crash signatures are loaded into a SQL Server database and screened to identify them as novel or potentially related to a known issue; then details are sent back to the track. I refresh my crash investigation environment frequently with a JSL script that calls JMP Query Builder and table manipulation tools like Split and Summarize, and embeds scripts and web links in tables to enable quick investigation and distribution. Imported and derived data tables open as tabs inside a JMP 14 Project. I use this crash data project to identify additional occurrences of existing crashes and find unsolved crash groupings requiring further investigation by JMP developers.

Comments
cdibble

Hi,  Can you please try uploading the slide content again?  I downloaded content on 10/30/18, but Acrobat is telling me "The image cannot currently be displayed" for many of the slides in the deck.

Thanks

Thanks for your email! Yes, I will upload it later today. I don’t have the final version at my desk. That is so weird, I have never had that kind of issue where everything looked OK till midway through the document! I only checked the first few pages. Software= never infallible. :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I appreciate you letting me know!

Shannon