cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Plenary - Christopher Nachtsheim

Christopher Nachtsheim, Professor and Chair of Operations and Management Sciences at Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota

In this presentation, DOE: Is the Future Optimal?, I chronicle the history of designed experiments, summarize the current state of the art, and make prognostications about the future of DOE. Along the way, I will identify the weaknesses inherent in observational studies and why cause and effect can only be rigorously identified through designed experiments. We’ll explore the negative implications of this for “big data” and predictive modeling, as well as the nature of web-based experiments in social media. I’ll illustrate state-of-the-art methods using a number of real-world applications and JMP.

Comments

Excellent presentation!

Amir_H

@gail_massari This has been a great presentation and topic. Can JMP team make a video to show how to do all these (DOE on Big Data) on a given dataset?

Discovery Summit 2016 Resources

Discovery Summit 2016 is over, but it's not too late to participate in the conversation!

Below, you'll find papers, posters and selected video clips from Discovery Summit 2016.