cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Genreg Did That? How to Use the Generalized Regression Platform in Creative Ways

Clay Barker, PhD, JMP Senior Research Statistician Developer, SAS

The Generalized Regression platform in JMP® Pro helps you build better predictive models by using penalized regression techniques. But, with a little extra care, you can also use the platform to do some things you might not expect, like screening your data set for outliers and looking for changepoints in your process. We will look at some innovative uses of the platform. Examples will include ranking baseball teams and analyzing the reception of several popular television shows.

Comments
volinoca

Clay I found your talk at the JDS in San Diego extremely useful. You highlighted several features of GenReg I was not aware of. Thanks very much for building in these features into JMP Pro. I only wish they were available in the base version so I could get my colleagues using the techniques you highlighted. Anyway, nice job on the "personality" (which should be a platform) and keep up the good work giving users useful tools to solve real-world problems.

Thanks Casey! I'm very happy to hear that you found the talk to be helpful. If you're interested in learning more about the variable selection techniques available in the platform, I helped teach a workshop at a different conference and the materials are also available on the file exchange (see link below). We also covered classification and regression  trees, but the bulk of it was about penalized regression in GenReg.

JSM 2015 Tutorial - Interactive Model Building with JMP Pro

Discovery Summit 2015 Resources

Discovery Summit 2015 is over, but it's not too late to participate in the conversation!

Below, you'll find papers, posters and selected video clips from Discovery Summit Europe 2015.