cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ask Not What The Community Can Do For You, Ask What You Can Do For The Community

Ask Not What The Community Can Do For You, Ask What You Can Do For The Community

Martin Owen, Manager, Chemical Development – GlaxoSmithKline

"It's not what the community can do for us, it's what we can do for the community." My intent is that this presentation is a continuation of a conversation, rather than a monologue. At the 2009 Discovery Conference and Innovators’ Summit in Chicago, my world was illuminated by the quality of the “big ideas” within the JMP community. But ideas are not enough.  Innovation needs to be Developed, and others Empowered to Apply these ideas in a Sustainable way to add value. I intend to discuss “light-switch moments” and how they relate to the experimental design activities I’ve been involved with in the past and the Quality by Design activities that I am developing for GSK’s future. I will take you through the IDEAS journey – describing how to Innovate Develop Empower Apply Sustain – sharing the challenges of how we are using JMP software and working with the JMP community to accelerate our path along this journey