cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Copy and paste a graph that contains both axis and legend info without copying the graph title

A user asked me a question on one of my blog posts (On the JMP Blog): Using Apple® Keynote to present JMP Graphs and analyses.

He asked:

"I have enjoyed your articles on exporting JMP graphs for use in publications.  I have a question that I have not found an answer to yet.  Can you copy and paste a graph that contains both axis and legend info without copying the graph title?  I have not been able to accomplish this and do not need the title in my publication.  Thanks for any help."

I thought it would be easier to present the answer here on the User Community this way I can paste in some images. There are a couple of ways that this task can be accomplished.

Here, the selection tool (S) is your best friend :9268_Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 9.26.49 AM.png. For example, here is a graph I've made in Graph Builder:

9269_Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 9.29.07 AM.png

Per Sean's request, we'd like to get this publication-ready with just the legend and graph (no title). I'll use the selection tool to grab the graph:

9270_Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 9.31.55 AM.png

Then I will journal it by Edit > Journal (or Ctrl-J). To remove the title, I can again just select it in the journal and press the delete key.

9271_Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 9.36.02 AM.png

Now the title goes away, and I can copy/paste into other software, or File > Save As. Here is my final graph, ready for publication:

9272_GB.jpg

Another way to get the task accomplished is to actually to select the title in Graph Builder and delete it. Then I can select the graph and Edit > Save Selection As.

9273_GB-2.png

Last Modified: Oct 18, 2016 7:59 PM