cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
txnelson
Super User

Once a script is added or a discusssion is started they can not be deleted

Some times when responding to a discussion, I have posted my response, only to find that I have misread the discussion, and responded inappropriatly or falsely.  In that case, I want to delete my post.  There is no option to do that. 

Also, if you post a script to a reply, and you want to delete it from your reply, it can not be deleted.

Jim
4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Once a script is added or a discusssion is started they can not be deleted

Yes, the permission to delete messages (even your own) is not enabled. If you have a message you'd like to delete, please notify me and I'll work with you on it.

As for not being able to edit a post if you've included a JSL script, I'm unable to reproduce that problem. Can you give me some steps to follow? 

-Jeff
txnelson
Super User

If you go to the reply that I made to:

Saving with filename 

you will see an empty script box in the reply.  What I did was that I editied the reply I had made.  I placed a script into the reply.  I then posted the reply.  I then edited my reply and cut all of the contents from the script, and reposted.  The script was not deleted.  It now remains as an empty box.

Jim
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Just saw your post with an empty script to start. I assume that was the one that was causing a problem.

I edited it and removed the code block. To do that I used the HTML tab above the editor and deleted the <pre> </pre> tags that were causing the problem.

-Jeff
txnelson
Super User

I guess that is referred to as the pre/pre kluge  :-)

not the cleanest solution in the world

Jim