cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registration open for Discovery Summit Europe. User Group Members benefit from a 25% discount with the code: DSEUgroup24
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
cjohnson6
Level I

Charlotte Area JMP Users Group Data Challenge Night

WHO: All Charlotte Area JMP Users - Novices to Experts

WHAT: “Taking the JMP Challenge”

WHEN: Monday, March 21, 2016 from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm (please plan to arrive between 5:30 and 6:00 pm for networking and refreshments)

WHERE: Charlotte SAS® Training Facility (Interstate Tower, 121 West Trade St, Suite 2200)

HOW: Please RSVP to Cheryl Johnson at cjohnson6@bankofamerica.com by Thursday March 17th  at 3 pm  (space is limited and refreshments will be provided)

We are going to give Byron a break from presenting and mix it up for the 1st quarter Charlotte Area JMP meeting. Byron and I are working on pulling together a public data set (or two) and some related business questions. We want to encourage participation from all levels of JMP users, so we’ll have a basic business question and at least one more challenging one. 

Challenge participants will be asked to do an analysis in JMP to address one of the business questions and prepare 1 slide in PowerPoint using the JMP output to share any insights gained from the analysis. (Also provide any JMP scripts related to your output – for beginner users I can walk you through how to save your scripts). We encourage you to take a few minutes to present your results at the meeting (5 – 10 minutes max) – we’ll get to as many as possible in the time allotted. 

UPDATE:

We will be examining a couple of data sets Byron found on Kaggle. One covers the early primary election data for Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina at a county-by-county level of granularity. A second dataset contains a wealth of demographic data at the county level. See the attached file for tips on downloading the data, the challenge questions, and some tips and hints on using JMP for the analysis.

Data Source: https://www.kaggle.com/react/benhamner/2016-us-election

0 REPLIES 0