cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Share your analytics insights with fellow JMP users. Submit a brief abstract to the Discovery Europe call for content describing innovative ways you use JMP.

silent install

HI Folks,

I'm trying to create a silent install for JMP 11.2.  I've created the ISS file,

From an administrative shell:

C:\11_2\jmp\Windows>.\setup.exe -r -f1c:\jmpsetup.iss

For whatever reason, when I try it with the -s switch to do the install, I'm getting this as a result in the log file...

it goes through 90% of the install the icon populates on the desktop, then at the last minute it backs out.

C:\11_2\jmp\Windows>.\setup.exe -s -f1c:\jmpsetup.iss -f2c:\jmpsetuplog.txt

what am I missing?

<code>

[InstallShield Silent]

Version=v7.00

File=Log File

[ResponseResult]

ResultCode=-3

[Application]

Name=JMP

Version=11.0

Company=SAS Institute Inc.

Lang=0409

</code>

3 REPLIES 3

Re: silent install

Can you post the contents of the ISS file?  I am wondering if you the prompts during the original installation are not matching what is needed on the other machine.  Also, did you create the ISS file on a PC with the same bitness as the PC you are attempting the silent install?

- Bob Hickey

- Bob Hickey

HI,

I captured the ISS file again, but this time I removed the checkmark to install java, and that ISS file seems to work.  As part of my silent installer I'm forcing in the .NET package, and all of our machines have java installed, and updated via the enterprise.

so in this case, it weas either the java checkmark that was causing it to fail. even though Java was already installed on the machine, or there was something with my capture file.  which is possible.  but..  ..

tryp
Level I

I had to capture an answer file for our x86 & x64 image.

it seems that the answer file contains two lines that are different.

x86

Component-0=Program Files32

Component-1=RootLevel32

x64

Component-0=Program Files64

Component-1=RootLevel64

I am now using a vbs script to decide which answer file to use.

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

' -- IS SYSTEM x86 or x64

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DIM WSHELL, WSHELL_ENV, PROC_ARCH, OS_ARCH_TYPE

SET WSHELL =  CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
SET WSHELL_ENV = WSHELL.Environment("Process")

PROC_ARCH = WSHELL_ENV("PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE")

If PROC_ARCH = "x86" Then   
  OS_ARCH_TYPE= WSHELL_ENV("PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432")

If OS_ARCH_TYPE = ""  Then   
   OS_ARCH_TYPE = "x86"
  End if  
Else   
  OS_ARCH_TYPE = "x64"   
End If