cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Share your analytics insights with fellow JMP users. Submit a brief abstract to the Discovery Europe call for content describing innovative ways you use JMP.
glenn_turner
Level I

Silent uninstallation for JMP 11.x?

I've created a silent installation of JMP 11.2 by creating setup.iss files for both 11.1.1 and 11.2.0 setups and that's all working.

I need to also have the ability to silently uninstall JMP, but I need some help with the command-line

The interactive uninstall command-line is:

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Installshield Installation Information\{AA751FBF-FCBC-49E9-BCDF-220310781481}\setup.exe" -runfromtemp -l0x0409 -removeonly

I've tried adding /s, -s, /z, /q, creating a setup.iss and using /f1c:\%pathtosetup.iss%, even re-running the original installer with a response file, but nothing is working.  I'm getting prompted with "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features?"

Has anyone successfully suppressed this dialog box and silently uninstalled JMP?  I've checked the usual itninja site, and other installshield forums, but nothing helped.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
glenn_turner
Level I

Re: Silent uninstallation for JMP 11.x?

Found the answer:

Create an uninstall.iss, then run it by using this command-line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Installshield Installation Information\{AA751FBF-FCBC-49E9-BCDF-220310781481}\setup.exe" -s -removeonly -f1C:\full_path_to_uninstall.iss -f2C:\full_path_to_uninstall.log

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
glenn_turner
Level I

Re: Silent uninstallation for JMP 11.x?

Found the answer:

Create an uninstall.iss, then run it by using this command-line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Installshield Installation Information\{AA751FBF-FCBC-49E9-BCDF-220310781481}\setup.exe" -s -removeonly -f1C:\full_path_to_uninstall.iss -f2C:\full_path_to_uninstall.log