cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Share your analytics insights with fellow JMP users. Submit a brief abstract to the Discovery Europe call for content describing innovative ways you use JMP.
AokiMarcel
Level II

Problems installing JMP PRO 14.1 concurrently with older versions

Hello all,

We've had reports in our company of a few users who had troubles after installing JMP PRO 14.1. All of them had in common that they had an older version of JMP still installed on their machines (regular 14.0 and regular 13.2.1 to be exact). 

These are the issues they reported:

• User does not see the home page, with the recent files and opened windows.
  • The main menu does not work, is disabled.
  • The below window (Window List) is stuck, cannot be closed.
  • The second command line (New Table, New script, open...) is working, and one can access tables and work with them from there.
  • See picture below:
  • JMP_issues.jpg
  • Other complaints from different users: 
    • opening files from windows explorer opened a new instance of jmp each time.

• Excel third party add-ins that targeted JMP stopped working.
  • Information:
    • Users do not have aditional permitions/admin rights.
    • JMP was installed through windows Software Center/SCCM.
    • Only a few users reported similar problems.
    • OS = Windows 10 64bit
    • Enterprise License for desktops (Anual)

If anyone has experienced similar issues, or know the root cause/work around for these problems I would apreciate some help.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AokiMarcel
Level II

Re: Problems installing JMP PRO 14.1 concurrently with older versions

Solution for this case:

with JMP closed, rename the folder C:\Users\{userID}\AppData\Roaming\SAS\ and open JMP again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello, Marcel! I am with JMP Technical Support.  I see you have an open track with us.  I will report back here with any findings for future inquiries.

AokiMarcel
Level II

Some more info about the issue:

Once you click on the new table, a table opens and you can use JMP normally, including all the Menus. So it's the home page that is broken.

I have cleaned the local user SAS registry, as to start fresh on the defaults and recent files. Didn't work.

I have uninstalled the older version (13.2.1), the new version(14.1), deleted all the JMP related registries I could find, all the appdata , user, program files and then install fresh. Did not work either. That was installing using an Administrator account, and aparently nothing got blocked during installation.

Any info on this let me know, thanks

AokiMarcel
Level II

Solution for this case:

with JMP closed, rename the folder C:\Users\{userID}\AppData\Roaming\SAS\ and open JMP again.