cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Share your analytics insights with fellow JMP users. Submit a brief abstract to the Discovery Europe call for content describing innovative ways you use JMP.
dhanes
Level I

Mac silent license update.

Is there anyway to update a license through a script or by swapping out a file? We are using Casper to manage our Macs and we have the new license but no way to deploy it.

5 REPLIES 5
jskelton
Level I

Re: Mac silent license update.

I am seeing a problem with deploying the .per file on mac since version 12. Prior to 12, we were able to drop it in the folder underneath /Applications/JMPXX

now it looks like the .per file is per logged in profile. This makes managing a computer lab or 1200 machines very problematic.

Is there a better solution?

stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Hello,

Please contact JMP Technical Support (support@jmp.com).

They will be able to assist you further as they are much better equipped to deal with this situation.

Thanks,

Stan

dave_matthews1
Level III

Hello,

This is Dave Matthews from JMP Technical Support.  Dhanes and Jskelton, Apple will no longer allow us to save the license files in the package contents folder anymore.  We are currently investigating how to resolve the issue.  If you could please open a track at support@jmp.com, we can assist you better.

Thanks,

Dave Matthews

JMP Technical Support

cmes-support
Level I

same problem, ow to update license on computers non-user managed. was this ever resolved?

KaeptnMo
Level I

Hi, we are also working with JAMF. How could the licence be deployed for jmp? We got a major  installation and would appreciate your help with this. Was it ever solved?

With best regards, Lars