cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Share your analytics insights with fellow JMP users. Submit a brief abstract to the Discovery Europe call for content describing innovative ways you use JMP.
joe_frinzl
Level I

JMP doesn't remember the location where my license file is after computer restart

I have just installed JMP 12.1 and I am setting up a shared location to where the JMP.per license is stored so that all of our approved users can point to the license file. I have put the file on a secure TeamSpace location and I am able to navigate to it when renewing my license.  The license is accepted.  I can restart the application and it still recognizes the license, but when I restart my computer and start JMP I get an error that my license isn't found.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: JMP doesn't remember the location where my license file is after computer restart

Joe,

I am with JMP Technical Support.  I have created a Technical Support track for you and will be getting in touch with you shortly so we can look closer at the setup of the network license file.

After we have come to a conclusion, I will post the resolution here for future reference.

Bobby Riggs

JMP Technical Support

jshaw04
Level III

Re: JMP doesn't remember the location where my license file is after computer restart

Can the answer to this question please be provided?

chespinal
Level I

Bump, would like to know the answer to this question.

Hello,

Unfortunately I was never able to get in touch with the original poster in this thread via email.  I suspect the issue was related to establishing a secure connection to TeamShare. However, I am not very familiar with TeamShare.

Are you experiencing a similar issue where JMP is not "remembering" the location of the license after restarting?  If so, is the license stored locally, on a server, or in TeamShare?  

If you prefer, I can open up a Technical Support track with you and work directly with you there. Please let me know your preference.

Thanks,

Bobby Riggs

JMP Technical Support