cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Share your analytics insights with fellow JMP users. Submit a brief abstract to the Discovery Europe call for content describing innovative ways you use JMP.
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

Add-In Deployment

JMP Clinical running on Citrix.

I have an add-in that I wish to make available to the users of JMP Clinical.  Is there a way of deploying once, for everyone? 

I know that when a new version of JMP is installed a deployment kit can be constructed and custom files including add-ins can form part of that deployment kit.  But beyond this, are there recommended strategies for deploying to all users?

-Dave
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Add-In Deployment

Hi @David_Burnham ,

I will check into that. I would think it would be the same as JMP since they both get installed from a SAS Software Depot.

Best,

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
Data Scientist, Life Sciences - Global Technical Enablement
JMP Statistical Discovery, LLC. - Denver, CO
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
www.jmp.com

Although both JMP and JMP Clinical both are installed from a SAS Software Depot format, the installers are not the same.  JMP (and JMP Pro) on Windows have the ability to customize your Software Depot with addins that will be laid down each installation.  The JMP Clinical installer is built differently, using the installer that SAS software products need, and it does not have this functionality. 

- Bob

- Bob Hickey
David_Burnham
Super User (Alumni)

To be honest the installer option doesn't really help because JMP Clinical is already installed.  The question is more about whether a "global" deployment of an add-in can be performed independent of building it into the deployment kit?

-Dave

Hi @David_Burnham,

I am not sure you can at this point. Add-ins are user specific if added indepentently and I am not sure if they can be deployed after the fact to all users at the same time.  The add-in files and folder are typically found here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMPClinical\

However, when JMP Clinical (7.x) opens Add-ins for it to run from C:\Program Files\SASHome\JMPClinical\14\. There are a couple of folders there that JMP Clinical looks into like C:\Program Files\SASHome\JMPClinical\14\Clinical to find out which add-ins to load upon start.

Maybe there is some way to take advantage of this to register the add-ins you want to all people.  It would be unsupported, however.

There is a post regarding an add-in manager add-in that you might want to take a look at to see if it might help. Here is the link:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Add-Ins/Add-In-Manager/ta-p/43736 

Hope that helps,

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
Data Scientist, Life Sciences - Global Technical Enablement
JMP Statistical Discovery, LLC. - Denver, CO
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
www.jmp.com