Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Pictures From the Gallery 8: Innovative Graph Builder Views (2023-EU-30MP-1256)

A picture is said to be worth a thousand words, and the visuals that can be created in JMP Graph Builder can be considered fine works of art in their ability to convey compelling information to the viewer. This journal presentation features how to build popular and captivating advanced graph views using JMP Graph Builder. Based on the popular Pictures from the Gallery journals, the Gallery 8 presentation highlights new views and tricks available in the latest versions of JMP. We will feature several popular industry graph formats that you may not have known could be easily built within JMP. Views such as Integrated Tabular Graphs, Satellite Mapping, Formula Based Graphs, and more will be included that can help breathe new life into your graphs and reports!

Pictures from the Gallery 8.png

Welcome,  everybody.  The  picture  is  from  the  Gallery  8.  My  name  is  Scott  Wise.  I'm  a  senior  systems  engineer  and  data  scientist.  Every  year,  we  get  a  chance  to  show  you  six  or  more  views  that  are  really  compelling  or  cool  graphs  that  you  probably  didn't  know  you  could  generate  through  the  JMP  Graph  Builder.  I  want  to  leave  you  with  something  a  little  more  interactive  to  start  with.  Hopefully,  this  is  something  that  can  help  amaze  your  friends.

Our  inspiration  came  when  my  daughter,  Sammy,  and  I  were  having  a  lot  of  fun  at  the  National  Video  Game  Museum  in  Frisco,  Texas.  Now,  besides  me  being  able  to  relive  my  childhood  of  all  the  arcade  games  and  the  home  video  games,  they  did  a  good  job  showing  you  how  the  technology  improved.  A  game  that  I  particularly  liked  in  the  arcade  was  Atari's  Battle  Zone.  It  was  the  first  arcade  game  that  was  successful  in  big  numbers  that  enabled  you  to  use  3D  vector  graphics.  You  felt  like  you're  in  a  3D  planet,  Battle  Zone,  as  well  as  was  a  first  person  perspective  because  you  felt  like  you  were  in  the  tank.

It  had  all  these  obstacles  littered  around  there  like  these  queues  and  there's  pyramid  back  hide  behind  these  couldn't  drive  through  them,  but  they  were  great  shields.  They  protect  you  from  the  enemy  fire  and  you  could  duck  out  and  take  a  shot.

This  was  actually  big  technology  for  the  time.  It  took  a  lot  more  electronics  and  programming  to  do  3D  rendering,  but  they  had  to  answer  a  problem.  Can  you  recognize  your  orientation  to  a  solid  shape?  If  there's  a  wall  depicted,  are  you  behind  the  wall,  in  front  of  the  wall?

Given  that,  Sammy  and  I  came  up  with  two  challenges  in  Graph  Builder.  I'm  going  to  show  you  two  shapes.  The  first  shape  is  a  basic  shape.  Just  using  a  custom  map,  I'm  going  to  put  that  shape  in  the  Graph  Builder.  Also  in  that  Graph  Builder  pane,  there's  going  to  be  two  points.  There's  going  to  be  a  point  A  and  a  point  B,  and  I  want  to  know  if  point  A  is  inside  or  outside  the  shape.  I  want  to  do  the  same  thing  with  point  B,  and  I'm  only  going  to  give  you  three  seconds.  Let  me  bring up  the  data.  Are  you  ready?  Let's  get  these  in  the  head  or  write  them  down.  Three  seconds.

All  right.  I  imagine  everybody  didn't  think  that  was  too  challenging.  Let's  take  a  look  at  the  answers.  Point  A  is  in,  point  B  is  out.  Now,  this  one  one  is  really  easy  to  eyeball.  I  can  just  tell  that  point  B  is  outside  the  U  shape.  In  fact,  if  I  click  into  the  shape  or  I  color  by  the  shape  in  Graph  Builder,  you  can  readily  see,  Okay,  B  is  outside  in  the  nonshaded  area  A  is  inside.  Well,  that's  all  well  and  good.  But  what  about  the  next  shape?

This  one's  going  to  be  a  little  more  challenging  for  you.  It's  a  spiral  shape.  Same  instructions.  I  want  to  know  if  point  A  is  in  or  outside  the  shape.  In  this  case,  it'll  be  a  spiral.  I  want  to  know  if  point  B  is  inside  or  outside.  Three  seconds.  Are  you  ready?

All  right.  Did  you  get  that  answer  correct?  Let's  see  what  the  official  word  is.  Point  A  is  in,  point  B  is  out.  Now,  this  one  was  a  little  harder  to  eyeball.  I  didn't  give  you  that  much  time  to  trace  it  with  your  finger.  I'm  just  looking  at  it  and  making  a  guess.  I  don't  know  which  way  to  guess.  Now,  if  I  can  click  into  the  Graph  Builder  and  highlight  the  point,  now  I  can  see  A  is  in  and  B  is  out.

But  it's  hard  to  see  if  I  don't  have  that  capability.  This  was  the  problem  those  video  game  designers  ran  into  with  both  the  U  shape  and  the  spiral  shape  or  any  shape  they  would  run  into.  They  developed  a  methodology.  It's  called  Ray  Casting.  Think  about  drawing  a  line  out  in  any  direction  from  the  A  point,  from  the  B  point, and  you  just  pretty  much  count  the  number  of  times  it  intersects,  crosses,  goes  across  one  of  the  shape  lines.

If  it  crosses  an  odd  number  of  times,  the  point  is  within  or  it's  in  the  shape.  If  it  crosses  an  even  count  of  times,  the  point  is  outside  or  out  of  the  shape.  Let's  see  how  that  works.  Let's  go  back  to  our  U  shape.  What  I  did,  I  included  a  column  here  that  would  enable  me  to  also  include  intervals.  We  will  see  how  to  do  this  a  little  later  when  we  talk  about  forest  plots.  I'll  just  look  at  the  finished  product  here  and  you  see  I've  driven  an  interval  plus  or  minus  30  around  B  and  A  enough  to  get  through  the shape.   Go  with  B.  I'm  at  B  right  now.  Pick  a  direction.  I'll  go  right.  I  see  one  crossing,  two  crossing.  That's  a  two.  It's  even.  It  means  it's  outside  the  shape.

What  about  A?  Let's  go  same  thing.  Let's  go  right.  1,  2,  3.  Three  is  odd,  so  it's  inside  the  shape.  Very  cool.  Will  this  help  us  with  the  harder  one?  I  bet  it  will.  Let's  take  a  look.  Here  we  go.  Let's  look  at  B.  Go  either  direction.  I'll  go  this  direction.  I'll  go  left  this  time.  1,  2,  only  two.  It's  even,  so  it  means  it's  out.

What  about  A?  A's  right  here.  Okay,  there's  one  line  crossing,  two  line  crossings,  three  line  crossings  going  to  the  left.  It's  even,  it's  thin.  That  easy.  Now  you  know  something  cool  you  could  do,  know  what  Ray Casting  is?   You  got  something  that  can  help  amaze  your  friends.

Let's  go  have  some  more  fun  with  the  Graph  Builder.  Let's  see  what  we  have  now  in  our  pictures  from  the  Gallery  8.  This  year  we  got  formula- based.  We  have  Tabular  data  that's  been  integrated  with  the  graph.  We  have  a  flow  parallel,  a  special  type  of  parallel  plot.  Forest  plots  that  make  use  of  those  intervals.  Percentile in  the  factor  for  doing  comparisons,  that's  cool.  We  can  even  do  satellite  drill- downs.

Let's  dive  right  in.  Now,  I'm  going  to  give  you  this  journal.  Each  journal  is  going  to  have  everything  I'm  showing  you.  It's  going  to  have  pictures.  It's  going  to  have  instructions,  why  it  is  all  hired  tips,  even  the  step  by  step  instructions  on  how  to  do  this  yourself  in  Graph  Builder.  Then  I'm  going  to  give  you  the  raw  data.

Now,  with  this  graph  that  we're  going  to  look  at  here,  one  of  the  tips  is  we  need  to  include  a  formula  and  all  its  elements  in  the  data  table. W hat  was  happening  was  my  father  challenged  me  to  help  him  buy  a  garden  hose.  He  was  doing  some  spraying,  so  he  attached  this  little  spray  wand  to  the  end  of  the  hose,  and  he  wanted  to  get  good  water  flow.  He  knew  there  was  a  certain  water  pressure  coming  out  of  the  tap,  but  also   knew  he  could  buy  small  or  long  length  hoses,  and  he  could  buy  small  or  larger  diameter  of  the  hose.   He  wanted  to  see  which  one  worked  the  best.

To  do  this,  all  we  had  to  do  was  find  the  formula  and  put  that  formula  into  JMP.  It  is  right  here  under  this  waterflow  rates. T here's  the  constants  that  have  been  customized  for  hoses  and  how  you  work  in  diameter,  pressure,  and  length.

Then  I  have  all  of  my  components  for  that  formula.  With  different  size  hoses,  different  diameters.  It  looks  like  I've  got  three  different  diameter  hoses,  three  different  pressures,  four  different  lengths  available.

Now  when  I  go  into  the  graph  builder,  now  I  can  just  put  the  water  flow  on  the  Y.  I  want  to  see  length  on  the  X,  maybe  diameter  on  the  overlay [inaudible 00:09:24], there we go .   Then  maybe  I'll  put  water  pressure  on  the  group backs  because  I  know  I  can   right-click  here  and  do  one  level  at  a  time.

Now  I've  got  a  smoother  line  that's  not  really  telling  the  full  story.  Neither  is  just  doing  a  line  because  the  line  is  just  showing  me  I'm  just  really  plotting  the  points.  I'm  not  really  plotting  the  plots  between  the  point,  but  I  have  a  formula  here.  I  should  be  able  to.   Yes,  now  I  can  go  in  and  do  a  formula.  You  can  right- click,  change  that  line  to  a  formula,  or  you  can  click  right  up  here  into  the  highlighted  icon.  Now  you  can  see  I've  gotten  the  formula  baseline.

Now  I  could  probably  answer  something  about  a  60  foot hose  and  where  I  expect  the  water  flow  to  be  at  a  certain  pressure  and  a  certain  diameter.  It  worked  out  well  that  the  bigger  your  diameter,  0.75,  like  three  quarter,  definitely  was  the  green  line.  It  had  the  best waterflow  performance  and  the  shorter  the  hose  had  the  better  water  flow  performance.  It's  because  as  water  travels  through  a  long  hose,  it  does  rub  against  the  insides  creating  friction  and  that  slows  in  your  water  flow.

Now,  the  other  thing  you  might  see  me  do  from  time  to  time  is  you  might  see  me  dragging  pictures  and  it's  literally  as  easy  as  just  grabbing  a  picture,  dragging  that  picture  in  there.  You  can  right- click.  It's  got  an  image  area  under  the   right-click.  You  can  size  and  scale  it.  I  can  fill  the  graph  completely.  I  can  go  right  back  to  it  and  put  some  transparency  so  I  can  make  the  points  pop  on  top,  and  now  you  can  get  a  better  view.

That  was  our  first  graph  that  you  probably  didn't  know  you  could  do  in  Graph  Builder.  Been  there  for  a  while,  just  been  hidden  from  many.  Now,  let's  talk  about  something  that  came  in  in  JMP  17,  Tabular  data.  I  want  to  thank  Joseph  Reece  for  helping  me   get  this  inspiration  and  some  support  to  come  up  with  the  best  solution.

We're  able  to  create  not  only  reference  lines  in  tables  below  the  graph,  but  they're  actually  integrated  in  with  the  graph.  This  is  something  really  special  they  added  in  JMP  17  to  get  this  integrated  Tabular  data.  Let's  bring  up  this  data  set.  This  data  set  is  chemical  production.

In  this  data  set,  I  am  going  to  pull  up  the  graph  builder.  I  am  going  to  put  the  material  vendor  on  the  X,  and  I'm  looking  to  see  if  there's  a  difference  among  those  vendors  in  terms  of  my  rate  of  reaction  of  my  process  when  I  use  their  products.  I  like  box  plots,  I'll  change  out  the  box  plots.  Not  a  lot  I  can  do  to  help  my  comparison  here.  Maybe  I  can  go  in  this  lower  left  hand  side  of  box  plot  element  and  turn  on  these  confidence  diamonds.  Maybe  I  could  color  by  the  rate  of  reaction, maybe  back  means  lower  than  green.  I'm  not  exactly  sure.

Now,  Joseph  recommended,  "Hey,  why  don't  you  add  back  in  the  points?"  I'm  going  to  just  right- click  in  here,  add  points.  But  this  time,  instead  of  looking  at  all  the  points,  let's  look  at  a  mean  of  the  points.  Let's  look  at  the  confidence  interval,  lines  up  with  the  ends  of  my  means  diamond,  makes  sense.

Instead  of  an  air  band,  now  I  can  do  a  band  or  a  hash  band.  That's  cool  and  that's  given  me  a  better  look.  I  get  a  little  more  confidence  that  Acme  might  be  different  than  green.  It  would  help,  though,  to  have  a  reference  line.  All  I  got  to  do  is  go  into  the  area,  the  graph  area,   right-click,  add  a  caption  box.  These  are  all  hidden  under  caption  boxes.  You're  like,  Well,  I've  done  caption  boxes  and  that's  what  I  expected  to  happen.  It  just  put  the  mean  up  there.

Well,  what  we  can  instead  do  is  we  can  change  the  location  now  and  you  can  make  it  an  axis  reference  line.  There  it  goes  right  there  at  the  bottom.  I'm  going  to  go  right  back  into  this  area  and  I'm  going  to  add  a  second  caption  box.  I'll  close  up  these  others.  I  don't  want  to  see,  but  now  I  can  add  the  mean,  not  over  top  the  other  one,  but  my  location  now  could  be  an  axis  table.

I  can  even  add  more  summary  statistics  like  maybe  the  standard  error.  I  can  click  on  this  numbers  format.  I  can  go  and  maybe  do  like  a  fixed  decimal  point  and  I'll  do  it  with  two.  I'll  just  say  done.

Now  I've  got  a  really  good  view.  All  that's  left  is  for  me  to  clean  up  the  legend.  I'll  go  to  Legend  settings.  I  don't  need  all  these  things,  maybe  just  the  one  that  shows  the  color  gradient.  I'll  go  to  the  position,  drop  it  to  the  bottom.  Then  I'll   right-click  on  it  and  go  to  the  gradient,  and  now  I'm  moving  horizontal  in  this  direction.  That's  what  it  will  look  like.  I  like  that.

Now  I've  got  my  graph.  Going  back  under  the  Graph  Builder  hotspot,  I  can  go  to  redo,  go  to  column  switcher,  and  now  I  can  switch  out  the  ready  reaction  with  a  couple  of  the  other  continuous  measures.  Watch  what  happens  when  we  go  from  ready  reaction  to  agitation.  This  recalculates.  All  the  axis  table  recalculates.  Your  reference  line  will  recalculate.  Your  table  of  summary  statistics  at  the  bottom  wind  up  under  the  columns  recalculates.  This  is  a  wonderful  thing  you  can  add  to  your  charts  and  put  these  in  the  dashboards  and  share  these  with  each  other,  even  on  the  cloud.  Things  like  JMP  Live,  this  would  be  awesome.  That  is  actually  Tabular  data.

Let's  go  to  our  next.  Let's  go  to  our  next  view.  Our  next  view  is  Flow  Parallel  Plots.  I  want  to  thank  Jeb  Campbell  for  helping  me  with  the  inspiration  and  also  the  solution  for  this.  Might  look  like  a  regular  parallel  plot,  but  I  want  you  to  see  it's  outflowing or  I say inflows,  let  me  get  this  right,  inflows  are  coming  in  to  a  big  bucket  of  budget,  and  then  I  see  outflows  going  out  like  there's  the  taxes  and  here's  savings  and  it  further  gets  split  up.

How  do  I  get  these  inflows  and  outflows  into  the  same  parallel  plot?  The  first  thing  I'm  going  to  do  is  in  my  data,  I'm  going  to  make  sure  that  every  branch  of  my  data,  starting  from  the  back  and  going  forward.  I  had  12K  outflow.  That  came  from  a  20K  outflow  1.  Outflow  2  savings  was  12K  it  was  part  of  the  20K  in  outflow  1  along  with  Roth  and  savings,  which  made  up  the  20K.  It  went  into  the  total  of  101K.   Out  of  that  one,  the  inflow  was  part  of  the  money  I  got  from  my  job,  which  was  90K.  But  the  amount  for  this  branch  is  12K.  That  way,  the  amounts  will  add  up  to  the  total,  which  will  be 10 1  K.

All  this  is  set  up.  These  are  all  categorical.  If  I  go  into  Graph  Builder,  I'm  just  going  to  lay  out  all  these  categorical  ones  in  the  X.  I'm  going  to  size  by  the  amount.  I'm  going  to  color  by  the  outflow,  and  now  I'm  going  to  select  the  parallel  plot.  You  can   right-click  and  select  it  or  you  can  select  it  from  the  icon.  Now  I  should  have  something  that  looks  familiar  to  what  I  want,  but  this  little  bit  in  here  doesn't  look  like  it's  all  resetting.  I  need  this  to  reset,  right?  The  inflows  go  into  the  big  bucket  and  then  the  outflows  come  from  the  big  bucket.

You  do  that  by  clicking  on  this  combine  sets.  When  I  do  that,  it  gets  me  the  right  behavior.  I'm  going  to  say  done.  Let's  take  a  look  at  it  here.  You  can  play  with  the  ordering  here  to  make  it  look  a  little  more  pleasing  to  the  eye.  Now  I  can  pick  one  of  these  outflows  like  this  auto  car  payment  and  I  can  see  the  8K  comes  from  here.  It  was  part  of  a  bigger  auto  K,  which  was  11  K.  That  was  part  of  the  side  hustle  money  went  to  that.  I  can  see  home,  I  can  see  home.  Most  of  that  was  the  home  mortgage.  There  was  2 K  here  for  the  upkeep.  I  can  follow  that  one  all  the  way  back  in  to  see  it  came  from  my  job  money.  But  that's  where  it  came  in  for  out  of  this  total  budget  I  fed.  It's  really  cool.  We  can  do  input  output  boxes,  project  budgets.  There's  a  lot  you  could  do  with  this.

All  right,  so  really  cool  view.  Forest  Plots.  As  I  mentioned  before,  intervals  are  a  really  cool  way  to  do  a  lot  of  comparisons.  This  I'm  looking  at  some  mean  comparisons  among  three  of  the  four  Cs  of  Diamond  buying,  clarity,  color  and  cut.  I  have  different  levels  of  them.  I  want  to  see  if  there's  a  difference  as  it  occurs  to  the  price  of  the  Diamond.  Say  you're  shopping  for  a  engagement  Diamond.  What  I  will  do,  I  will  go  pull  up  the  data.  This  is  some  summarized  data.  Again,  I  have  color,  clarity,  price.  You  can  see  I've  got  different  levels  of  those.

I  have  the  number,  the  mean  standard  error  in  the  lower  and  upper  95 %  confidence  interval  around  the  mean.  All  that's  just  been  saved  into  a  JMP  table.  I  will  go  to  the  Graph  Builder.  I  will  go  put  my  X,  which  is  my  three  Cs,  three  of  the  four  Cs.  I'm  going  to  put  my  level  right  to  the  right  of  the  X.  Now  they're  lined  up.  That  looks  pretty  nice.

I  will  put  the  mean  on  the  X.  Now  I  will  color by  the  level.  Now,  how  to  get  the  intervals?  Well,  there's  an  interval  box.  If  you  only  have  one,  you  can  drop  things  up  into  a  corner.  You  have  to  play  around  with  it  a  little  bit.  You  can  drop  things  up  into  a  corner  of  this.  But  if  you  have  both  sides  of  the  interval,  you  can  grab  them  both  and  put  them  right  there  in  the  interval  box.  I  say  done.  It  did  a  nice  job.  Now  it's  really  easy  to  see  what  groups  together,  what  might  be  statistically  different  from  the  95 %  confidence  interval  compared  to  another  level.

I'm  going  to  make  it  easier  on  my  eyes.  I'm  going  to   right-click,  go  to  access  settings  under  that  X.  I  might  show  a  grid  which  should  give  me  a  little  outline  and  I'm  going  to  reverse  the  order.  Now  when  I  did  this,  I  can  see  that  okay,  the  very  fine  clarity,  that  almost  flawless  clarity  and  the  very,  very  slight  imperfections  are  different  than  the  others,  but  it's  different  in  a  bad  way.  They're  actually  cheaper  prices.  That  doesn't  make  sense.

Their  clear  diamonds  are  category  D,  so  K  would  be  more  cloudy.  I  can  see  there  is  a  group  which  is  different  than  some  of  the  others.  But  some  of  these  less  clear  diamonds  are  more  expensive.   Maybe  color  is  not  the  right  thing  to  look  at.  But  I  can  see  there  is  a  logical  order  of  cut.  An  ideal  diamond  should  be  cut  better  and  be  worth  more  money  than  the  ones  that  are  not  cut  very  good.   You  can  see  that.  You  can  see  which  ones  are  different.   This  is  a  nice  way  of  doing  means  comparison,  interval  comparisons.  Does  intervals  contain  a  certain  reference  amount.  Intervals  contain  zero.  There's  a  lot  of  ways  to  use  this,  but  you  can  do  forest  plots  now  in  Graph  Builder.

We're  cooking  right  along.  Let  me  get  to  the  next  one.  This  is  Percent  of  factors.  If  you  have  ranked  or  scale  data,  this  is  a  great  way  of  doing  comparisons  on  a  zero  to  100 %  scale.

My  family  likes  to  visit  all  the  coffee  shops  in  Austin.  Here's  some  old  rating  and  sentiment  data  that  came  from  Yelp.   You  got  ratings  here.  Sometimes  they  got  sentiment  in  here.  It's  a  lot  of  fun.  These  are  all   coffee  houses  that  are  still  open  in  Austin,  we  go  to  some  of  these  and  it's  easy  to  set  up  now.

Go  to  Graph  Builder,  just  put  your  levels.  That's  my  coffee  shop.  Put  the  ratings  on  the  overlay.  Don't  have  to  put  anything  on  the  X.  I'm  going  to  ask  for  bars.  Instead  of  side  by  side,  I  go  stacked.  Okay,  am  I  done?  No,  it's  going  from  count  from  zero  to  250.  It's  not  showing  me  for  zero  to  100  %.  How  do  I  do  that?  Really  easily  change  your  summary  statistic  to Percent  of  factors.

Change  that,  it  fills  it  in.  Now  you  can  see  it.  Really  nice,  really  interactive.  I  also  had  within  my  data,  I  had  a  low  high  rating.  I  could  see  all  the  high  ratings  were  the  things  where  it  looked  like  I  gave  it  4  stars  or  5  stars.  What's  really  nice  about  that  one  is  now  I  could  come  over  here,  I  can  go  order  by.  I  can  now  order  by  another.  It  doesn't  have  to  be  in  the  graph,  just  has  to  be  in  my  data  table  as  a  column.  I  can  do  that  high  rating,  I  can  say  go,  and  now  I  can  see  that  wow  this  safety,  I'm  saying  that  correctly,  was  the  highest  rating.  Flight  path  coffee  is  one  that  my  family  really  likes.  This  one  right  in  here,  got  a  lot  of  positive  ratings.

I  could  even  play  around  with  filtering  by  the  vibes  here.  I  put  vibe  sentiments,  the  review  mentioned  the  word  vibe  and  it  was  positive.  I  selected  it  and  you  can  see  that  flight  path  came  out  pretty  good  as  well.  Good  music,  good  place  to  study,  good  location,  all  just  the  right  vibes,  the  right  crowd,  nice  place  to  hang  out.

We  got  time  for  our  last  pictures  from  the  gallery.  We're  going  to  look  at  some  satellite  mapping.  Really,  all  the  mapping  is  changed  in  JMP  17.  You  can  drill  down,  I  think,  in  even  better  detail  now  because  we  switched  to  the  Map  Box  type  math.

Remember,  to  do  a  map  in  JMP  Graph  Builder,  you  just  need  positional  data  here  at  latitude  and  longitude.  I'm  going  to  look  into  some  of  these  places  I  stayed  at  and  different  places  in  California.  I'm  going  to  focus  on  this  Delta  King.  You   right-click,  go  to  Graph  Builder  and  you  pick  back  roadmap,  street  map  service,  and  here's  all  your  options.

I  have  a  couple  of  these  saved  for  us.  These  are  just  hotels  I  stayed  at  over  the  years.  Here's  a  dark  view  of  just  all  the  US  hotels,  and  I  can  see  where  these  these  things  lie,  that's  a  nice  view.  People  like  dark  mode.  I  can  go  look  at  more  of  a  topographical.  They  have  an  outdoor  view,  so  you  can  get  an  idea,  is  it  in  the  water,  is  it  next  to  a  lake,  next  to  a  river,  that  type  of  thing,  in  a  city.

You  can  go  to  the  street  view  as  well.  The  street  view,  again,  works  just  like  you  would  expect.  You  can  drill  down  on  more  detail  to  more  detailed  street  levels.  I  find  instead  of  using  this  plus  or  minus  up  here,  I  like  using  the  Magnifier  tool  in  JMP.  If  I  click  on  this  one,  I  can  see  that  this  Delta  King.  Oh,  my  goodness.  What  is  that?  That's  not  a  hotel.  Now  I  can  go  and  I  can  switch  my  background  graph  away  from  the  streets  and  I  can  give  it  a  satellite.

Now  my  satellite  will  go  and  it'll  show  me,  wow,  that's  a  ship.  The  Delta  King  is  one  of  the  old  paddle  wheeled  steamboats  that  used  to  fly  between  Sacramento  and  San  Francisco  and  is  still  there.  It  is  now  a  hotel  you  can  stay  at.  Thanks  to  my  friend,  coworker  Bonnie  Rigo,  who  gave  me  gave  me  a  chance  to  experience  staying  at  the  Delta  King  once.   We  had  a  good  stay  there  in  a  very  unique  hotel.

Okay,  so  there's  other  really  cool  views.  I'll  let  you  explore  those,  including  the  Luxor  in  Las  Vegas  and  the  Fountain  Blue  in  Miami  Beach.  I've  got  some  good  ones  in  here,  so  you  can  go  play  with  this  data.

But  what  I'd  like  to  do  is  wrap  up  here.  I  did  include  a  bonus  picture  from  the  gallery.  This  is  a  combination  painter  chart,  a  combination  of  line  charts  and  Pareto  charts  and  bar  charts  that  can  be  ordered  and  show  increasing  or  decreasing  performance  of  defect  reduction.  This  was  used  at  Ford  in  the  RATD  program  and  is  very  popular  for  folks  doing  defect  reductions.  If  you  want  to  learn  how  to  do  the  painter  chart?  You  can  do  it  in  JMP  17  in  the  Pareto  platform,  but  in  any  version  of  JMP,  you  can  get  there  just  from  the  graph  builder.

All  right.  Where  to  learn  more?  There  are  lots  of  other  pictures  from  the  galleries.  Years  that  we've  gone  and  did  more  views.  Go  look  at  all  of  the  galleries.  We're  on  our  8th.  There's  also  one  through  seven  to  look  through.  You  can  as  well  take  a  look  at  the  blogs  on  the  JMP  community.  There's  a  lot  of  them  that  have  been  done  on  these  graphs  or  on  other  really  cool  views.

There's  other  presentations  and  tutorials  and  training.  I  recommend  you  will  have  these  in  the  journal.  Zane  Greg,  the  father  of  the  Graph  Builder,  it's  always  good  to  learn  from.  As  well  as  our  training  resources  in  our  new  Learn  JMP  area  in  the  JMP  community  where  we  have  formal  training  as  well  as  mastering  JMP  training  on  things  like  graph  builders  and  dashboards.

If  you  want  to  suggest  views,  please  do  go  to  the  community  and  put  them  in  the  JMP  wish list.   We  get  some  of  our  ideas  from  you  saying,  "Would  it  be  great  if  JMP  Graph  Builder  could  do  this  and  look  like  this?"  This  would  be  so  helpful.   A  lot  of  these  will  make  it  into  releases  of  JMP.

All right,  so  we  are  done  with  our  presentation.  I  hope  you  enjoyed  pictures  from  the  Gallery  8.  I  just  want  you  to  go  out  and  enjoy  the  rest  of  the  presentations.  But  for  sure,  go  have  fun  graphing  and  exploring  your  data  in  JMP  Graph  Builder.  Thank  you.