cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
diabrotica
Level II

How do I change the color of the area bordering my charts?

How do I change the color of the area bordering my charts?  I can change within the charts, but I would like to have the area where the X and Y axes as the same color (White).  When I try to copy the chart and paste it into another program (i.e. powerpoint) the margins of the chart (where legends and X & Y axis numbers are located) is a different color (sort of tan)7433_Slide1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I change the color of the area bordering my charts?

Try going to File > Preferences and then select Style (JMP 11).  You can then adjust colors as you like.

JMP 10 or earlier you can try File > Preferences > Graph, but it may be under General or another tab.  I

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Try going to File > Preferences and then select Style (JMP 11).  You can then adjust colors as you like.

JMP 10 or earlier you can try File > Preferences > Graph, but it may be under General or another tab.  I

diabrotica
Level II

Thanks the suggestions.

I am using JMP11 Pro I was able to change the window color by going to:

JMP> Preferences> Style

Where I found the box where you can select the Window Background Color. I was then able to copy into Powerpoint!

Thanks for the great solution,

joe spencer

If you want the background just to be white there is an simple way to achieve this;

Go to Edit than select Copy. And when you paste into powerpoint the area borders will be white.

You can also Right-Click on the Gray triangle to the Left of the Red Hotspot triangle and then go down to Edit and Select Copy Picture, This will copy graph and title and leave area borders white.

julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi diabrotica,

If you would like to keep your JMP windows the default color, but still copy graphics without the background, I wrote an add-in that might the useful for you (since I also found this frustrating!):

Add-in to copy graph without window background

Simply install the add-in, and then select a graph using the selection tool, and then use the new "Copy without background" from your add-in menu.

I hope this helps!

Julian

atlas100
Level III

I have put up with that ugly dingy grey chart background for years. I decided I was going to "fix" it today. Thanks for the quick easy solution!

julian
Community Manager Community Manager

You're most welcome!