cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to save graph automatically from JMP to powerpoint using jsl

I had given a task to create an automation system which is to automatically save graph from JMP to power point. I already follow several tutorial from this page but it's did not work. I hope someone can help me or give suggestion. thank you.

This is script that i working on, the source of this script also from this page.

/!

names default to here(1);

dt = open("$Line Delta - Shared\KLM 5, 6 Eff and IV Delta.jmp", invisible);

obj= Control Chart(Chart Col( :KLM 5, 6 Eff and IV Delta, KLM 5,6 Eff Line Delta));

Report(obj)[framebox(1)] << Frame Size( 400, 184 );

Report(obj)[axisbox(2)] << {Min( nrows()-N), Max( nrows()+1), Inc(10 ), Minor Ticks( 0 ), Rotated Labels( "vertical" )};

obj << save picture( "Line.jpg", jpeg ); // picture name

Close( dt, save );//saves the chart with the extra rows, this way the ppt slide will be different when its opened the next time

Open("template.pptx"

); //powerpoint name

//note: close the ppt before running the script again

When i run this script, this error box appear.

11136_pastedImage_3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How to save graph automatically from JMP to powerpoint using jsl

The problem is your column name, "KLM 5, 6 Eff and IV Delta, KLM 5,6 Eff Line Delta", has an embedded comma. That's okay but you'll need to use the Name()  function when referring to it. Like this:

obj= Control Chart(Chart Col( Column( :Name( "KLM 5, 6 Eff and IV Delta, KLM 5,6 Eff Line Delta" ))));

I think that will correct the error you're getting.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

The problem is your column name, "KLM 5, 6 Eff and IV Delta, KLM 5,6 Eff Line Delta", has an embedded comma. That's okay but you'll need to use the Name()  function when referring to it. Like this:

obj= Control Chart(Chart Col( Column( :Name( "KLM 5, 6 Eff and IV Delta, KLM 5,6 Eff Line Delta" ))));

I think that will correct the error you're getting.

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank for your time.

Finally the error had be solved, but unfortunately when i run this script the documents library automatically open. Not the graph from JMP as expected.

Do you have any suggestion about this problem?

obj= Control Chart(Chart Col( Column( :"KLM 5, 6 Eff and IV Delta",( " KLM 5,6 Eff Line Delta" ))));

Report(obj)[framebox(1)] << Frame Size( 400, 184 );

Report(obj)[axisbox(2)] << {Min( nrows()-N), Max( nrows()+1), Inc(10 ), Minor Ticks( 0 ), Rotated Labels( "vertical" )};

Thank You,

Maira