Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Dennisbur1
Level I

STDF files

Hello

I have an STDF file and if I understood well JMP works just with a CSV file

there is any option to convert or upload an STDF file to JMP and work with it?

I see there are any scripts to run it, but it's very difficult for me to work with them.

6 REPLIES 6
jthi
Super User

Re: STDF files

There are some older posts regarding STDF formatted files and I would think the situation is still the same: there are add-ins written by different companies which can handle these.

How can i open "stdf" files in JMP?

Information about JMP Addin "Standard Test Data Format" for JMP to import the STDF into JMP. 

Script import csv data (conversion of stdf) 

test data STDF to dispay units 

-Jarmo
Dennisbur1
Level I

Hello
I think it's challenging for a beginner

do you have any app where I can convert STDF files to CSV like I can do EXL to CSV or PDF files...?

txnelson
Super User

STDF is a file format developed by Teradyne.  It is in a binary format.  There are libraries available in R and Python to read the files, however because of the complexity of the format, the reading of a single STDF file, typically will end up resulting multiple raw data and summary data files.

There is an STDF to ATDF utility provided by Teradyne, that converts the STDF file to an ASCII format, which is human readable.  But it also remains a complex data structure that contains multiple data formats for the various record types in the file.

My suggestion is that you contact one of the commercial companies that provide STDF to JMP addins or  Adsurgo, an other provider of JMP addons.

Jim
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

JMP doesn't have built-in support for opening STDF files. 

However, Spry Software offers Quickload-JMP for importing STDF files into JMP.

-Jeff
txnelson
Super User

Jeff, I forgot about Spry Software.  You have suggested this before......good solution.

Jim
SaulMurphy
Level I

Thank you so much for those links, helped me a lot.