cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to put the mixture sum below 1?

In the Jmp16 version there was a button in the specific mixture experiments where you could put the mixture sum below 1.

In the Jmp17 version I cannot find this button. Could you please help me out with this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to put the mixture sum below 1?

More details are likely needed. But if you are using Custom Design to create your mixture design, go to the red triangle pop-up menu and choose Advanced Options > Mixture Sum.

Dan_Obermiller_0-1678894031338.png

Dan Obermiller
statman
Super User

First, welcome to the community.  I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want and from which platform you are using to create your mixture design, but you can certainly do linear constraints and set the value after the ≤,≥ sign in the DOE>Classical>Mixture Design platform:

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.28.43 AM.png

You can also do this in the Custom Design platform after you have added your mixture factors.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.32.28 AM.png

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box

The command is buried a bit. Here it is:

sum.PNG

The following is a workaround for all those platforms, where you can not find the button "mixture sum" under the "red triangle" >> "advanced options":

You load you factors from a JMP file. In this file you previously specify the column property  "mixture" where you can set the "sum of terms" to a value below 1.

Hope this helps

Best